Basic Course, Topic :Computer Data and Information
Data and information: Computer
- In general, raw data that has been verified to be accurate and timely, is specific and organized for a purpose, is presented within a context that gives it meaning and relevance.
- And which leads to increase in understanding and decrease in uncertainty.
- Collection of facts.
- Raw Information.
- Sequence of actions required to be performed on data to convert it into results.
- For example, a merit list is generated after processing the raw information available about the marks of each student.
- Useful Information.
- Facts in organized manner.
- The computer system is an electronic data processing device.
- It is capable of taking input, processing it to generate useful information (output) and store both input as well as the output.
The data processing cycle comprises of following 4 distinct stages viz. :
- Input: Data is collected and entered into the computer system. This is called input process.
- Storage: What is entered into the computer system is stored in its main memory.
- This storage is temporary i.e. the contents of the memory are lost when the power is switched off.
- Another memory, called secondary memory, is used to store the information of the main memory permanently.
Processing & Output
- The sequence of actions that are performed on the data stored in the main memory, to get results is called processing.
- Results are stored in the main memory till they are transferred to an output device.
- Stored results are taken out of the main memory.
- This process is known as output process.
- Coaching Classes for Govt Jobs and
- Tuition CBSE and UP Board from 6 to 12,
- Further, Conduct CCC, Basic and ‘O’ Level computer Course
Moreover, Super Success approved by NIELIT (DOEACC) for conducting computer Courses in Muzaffarnagar